Understanding Dismissive-Avoidant Attachment
In this Webinar:
Individuals that have Dismissive-Avoidant attachment have learned to keep their own needs below their level of awareness and to take care of themselves. In relationships, they maintain emotional distance and tend to experience their partners bids for connection as needy and childish. They feel like they are self-sufficient and don’t understand why their partner “needs” them.
This webinar will help people understand:
- What is Dismissive-Avoidant Attachment?
- How does this attachment pattern develop?
- What impact does this attachment pattern have on relationships (i.e. who you choose and how you behave)?
- Techniques to break free from negative cycles, develop more inner security, and achieve closer, more fulfilling relationships
- Tools to enhance tolerance for emotional closeness
- List the common characteristics of a Dismissive-Avoidant attachment pattern
- Demonstrate how an Avoidant attachment pattern in childhood affects people throughout their lives and can lead to Dismissive-Avoidant patterns in adulthood
- Discuss how a patient with Dismissive-Avoidant attachment can develop an earned secure attachment in adulthood
- Describe how to help a person with Dismissive-Avoidant attachment create a coherent narrative to form more inner security
Once payment is received, you will be emailed a full video recording of this webinar along with all presentation materials.