What We Need to Know to Prevent Suicide
See slides from “What We Need to Know to Prevent Suicide” here
If you’re interested in watching part two of this Webinar featuring Kevin Hines, please contact [email protected].
- See a full list of upcoming PsychAliveWebinars here
- If you are a mental health professional or interested in a longer, more in-depth presentation on suicide prevention, watch Dr. Lisa Firestone’s archived CE Webinar “Suicide: What Therapists Need to Know.”
- All Webinars are provided by The Glendon Association, a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and enhancing mental health. To support this Webinar series, you can make a donation to The Glendon Association by clicking here
In this Webinar:
In this free Webinar, Dr. Lisa Firestone teaches the warning signs of suicide as well as the helper tasks that can save a life. The Webinar will help participants to recognize when someone is in crisis and will teach the tools for all individuals to be able to reach out to those suffering. Dr. Firestone sheds light on what goes on in the mind of someone who is suicidal and talks about steps people can take to stand up to the destructive thought process that drives the suicidal state.
- PsychAlive’s Suicide Prevention Advice
- The Glendon Association’s Suicide and Self-Destructive Behavior
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline If you or someone you know is in crisis or in need of immediate help, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This is a free hotline available 24 hours a day to anyone in emotional distress or suicidal crisis.
International readers can click here for a list of helplines and crisis centers around the world.