Voice Therapy: Helping Clients Overcome Their Inner Critic – Online Workshop
In this Webinar:
An Online Workshop introducing an innovative therapeutic approach to overcoming the inner critic that sabotages a person’s life.
This two-part online workshop will provide:
- An introduction to Voice Therapy, a five-step technique that can help clients challenge and overcome the “critical inner voice” that holds them back in life
- Insight into the developmental factors that lead a person to develop this destructive inner enemy
- Techniques to help clients identify destructive thoughts or voices that cause suffering and self-limiting behavior
- Strategies to help clients connect with their real self, wants, needs, and goals and identify achievable steps for positive and meaningful change in their lives
- Tools to help clients understand and tolerate the anxiety that comes with changing core defenses and harmful beliefs about themselves
We often use the expression, “listen to your inner voice” as a positive affirmation. However, every person is divided when it comes to how they see themselves. While one side can be life-affirming and supportive when it comes to their true wants, desires and goals, the other side is critical, coaxing, and self-destructive.
Psychologist and author Dr. Robert Firestone refers to this internal enemy as an “anti-self. The “critical inner voice” is the language of the anti-self. This “voice” can sabotage, diminish, or undermine people in their pursuit of what matters to them. Therefore, learning to deal effectively with their inner critic is central to all areas of life: personal development, healthy relationships, self-esteem, and career success.
This CE Webinar with Dr. Lisa Firestone will provide participants with an overview of Voice Therapy and how they can incorporate it into their practice. Dr. Firestone will explain Separation Theory, a theoretical approach that helps clients understand the developmental roots of their inner critic.
In addition to gaining insight into where their inner critic comes from, participants will discover ways to help their clients identify destructive thoughts or “voices” that cause debilitating feelings of guilt and shame and interfere with all areas of life. They will learn how Voice Therapy techniques can be used to challenge and overcome these destructive inner thoughts and to more effectively cope with anxiety, depression, personal relationships, career, and personal aspirations.
Finally, Dr. Firestone will introduce new strategies to help clients reassess their goals, understand and tolerate the anxiety of challenging a negative, core identity, and embrace achievable steps for positive and meaningful change in their lives.
- Apply techniques to identify and challenge destructive thinking in clients.
- Identify and help clients address core beliefs that limit behavior change.
- Describe strategies to help clients tolerate anxiety associated in breaking destructive patterns.
Once payment is received, you will be emailed a full video recording of this webinar along with all presentation materials.