How to Overcome Insecurity
In this Webinar:
- Examine the roots of insecurity
- Explain methods to identify what triggers individuals to feel insecure
- Outline therapeutic steps to challenge and overcome the critical inner voice
- Illustrate the value of practicing self-compassion
- Present techniques to overcome self-sabotaging behaviors that feed feelings of insecurity
Feelings of insecurity often source from early in our lives: attitudes directed toward us, labels we were given, and attachment patterns we experienced. As we grow up, our insecurity is exacerbated by a negative internal dialogue known as the “critical inner voice.” By understanding where this inner critic comes from comes from, how it feeds our feelings of insecurity, and how to challenge it, we can start to overcome the forces that drive us to lack confidence and be anxious. This 90-minute webinar with Dr. Lisa Firestone will draw on insights from attachment research, concepts from Separation Theory, and principles of self-compassion to shed light on the roots of self-doubt and offer individuals and therapists powerful tools for overcoming insecurity.
- Apply techniques to identify and challenge destructive thinking in clients
- Distinguish between self-compassion and self-esteem
- Describe the roots of insecurity
- Recognize the role of attachment theory in understanding insecurity and overcoming it
Once payment is received, you will be emailed a full video recording of this webinar along with all presentation materials.